1. Wagh H, Acharya D. Ventilator Associated Pneumonia – an overview. Brit J Med Pract. 2009;2(2):16-19.
2. Vincent JL, Bihari DJ, Suter PM, et al. The prevalence of nosocomial infection in intensive care units in Europe. Results of the European Prevalence of Infection in Intensive Care (EPIC) Study. EPIC International Advisory Committee. JAMA. 1995;274(8):639-644.
3. Heyland DK, Cook DJ, Griffith L, Keenan SP, Brun-Buisson C. The attributable morbidity and mortality of ventilator-associated pneumonia in the critically ill patient. The Canadian Critical Trials Group. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1999;159(4 Pt 1):1249-1256.
4. Fagon JY, Chastre J, Vuagnat A, Trouillet JL, Novara A, Gibert C. Nosocomial pneumonia and mortality among patients in intensive care units. JAMA. 1996;275(11):866-869.
5. Rello J, Lorente C, Diaz E, et al. Incidence, etiology, and outcome of nosocomial pneumonia in ICU patients requiring percutaneous tracheotomy for mechanical ventilation. Chest. 2003;124(6):2239-2243.
6. Jimenez P, Torres A, Rodriguez-Roisin R, et al. Incidence and etiology of pneumonia acquired during mechanical ventilation. Crit Care Med. 1989;17(9):882-885.
7. Amin A. Clinical and economic consequences of ventilator-associated pneumonia. Clin Infect Dis. 2009;49 Suppl 1:S36-43.
8. Gopal S, Luckraz H, Giri R, et al. Significant reduction in ventilator-associated pneumonia with the Venner-PneuX System in high-risk patients undergoing cardiac surgery: the Low Ventilator-Associated-Pneumonia study. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2015;47(3):e92-96.
9. Andronis L, Oppong RA, Manga N, et al. Is the Venner-PneuX Endotracheal Tube System A Cost-Effective Option For Post Cardiac Surgery Care? Ann Thorac Surg. 2018.
10. Hodges E, Pearson D, Moondi P, et al. Using an alarm to improve drug trolley safety. Nurs Times. 2015;111(40):20-21
11. Mariyaselvam M, Blunk M, Young P, et al. Improving Medication Security: An evaluation of the cost effectiveness of the Drug Guardian Device – a pilot study. Eastern Academic Health Science Network. 2016.
12. Horberry T, Teng YC, Ward J, Patil V, Clarkson PJ. Guidewire retention following central venous catheterisation: a human factors and safe design investigation. Int J Risk Saf Med. 2014;26(1):23-37.
13. Provisional publication of Never Events reported as occurring between 1 April 2017 and 31 January 2018. 27 February 2018. Accessed 7 May, 2018.
14. Livesey A, Mariyaselvam M, Sinha S, Young H, Patel J, Young P. 14AP04-8: Preventing central venous catheter guidewire retention using a novel safety procedural pack: a pilot clinical simulation randomised controlled trial. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2016;33(e-Supplement 54):462.